Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas decorating

The Wilson family took a trip to Menards in Altoona on Sunday to get our Christmas tree. After Jasper and daddy got naps (daddy's been sick this weekend), we put the tree up and started decorating.

Jasper got a little attached to the ball with his name on it and Nat's two decorative candy canes, but a little distraction (the John Deere DVD) and he forgot all about them.

Nat had the brilliant idea to put the tree in one of our old metal wash tubs and it looks great! (Thanks, Country Living magazine.)

3 comments:

Erin and Jesse said...

I've got an idea for wrapping paper. Skip the expensive stuff and go for plain rolls of brown or white paper (normally found in the shipping and packing aisle). Then roll the paper out on the kitchen table and let Jasper go at it with water color paints or other types of colors. He'll love getting to decorate it and when it's done you can cut it up and wrap presents with it. It adds a personal touch and they look really good with a pretty bow on them. People like grandparents will especially love it. I'm doing something similar with my presents this year and I had Jesse's niece and nephew do this for the paper we used to wrap birthday presents while we were in Texas. *See my posts from Sept for pictures.If I ever have kids I plan on doing this. Plus I think brown paper with a raffia bow has the classy country look to it. I like your tub idea for the tree. The video is quite cute. He sure is getting big.

Wilson family said...

Good ideas, Erin. Thanks!

Erin and Jesse said...

No problem. I've always got loads of ideas for crafting with the little ones. It's kind of what I do for a living. If you ever need any suggestions I love to help.