Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy 2nd Fathers Day!






Jasper P has an awesome daddy, that's for sure! And today was the day to celebrate it! Adam started out early fishing about 5 a.m. with the guys in Stuart, including his dad, Paul, brother-n-law, Ken, and Uncle John. The women and kids met up with the guys out at Lake Anita.

We had a little brunch (Jasper even gave Uncle John a kiss - he never kisses guys! It was TOO CUTE) And we got to go back down to the lake and see the big catch of the day - Paul's 5 lb. catfish! After that, Jasper needed a nap so we started the journey back to Stuart. We ended up falling asleep in the car and grams took us for a longer adventure than we had anticipated, but she made up for it by buying the kids (and us) ice cream!

Jasper got his dad a router and hopes he will be able to use it for many more projects that he enjoys doing, such as the beautiful wooden flower box that he made for our deck.

Happy Father's Day to all those dads out there! Even to my dad who is not here to celebrate. I'm so thankful for all those days that I did have to celebrate with him and hope that I can remember to share my dad's stories with Jasper, so he knows what his grandpa Rick was like!


And especially to Jasper's Daddy - Happy Father's Day! We love you!!

1 comment:

Erin and Jesse said...

I love the picture of my dad giving Jasper a kiss. They had a quiz thing on facebook where you were supposed to name the 5 things about your dad that you admired most and right up there on my list was the fact that everyone likes him especially kids & animals. Glad you guys had a good fathers day. I'm sure Paul was glad you could be there. It's a good tradition that you should definitely keep going.