Monday, September 12, 2011

Blast from the past





Randomly, Hank Norem sent these pics via email tonight. I couldn't help but share.

From top to bottom:

- Hank, Jason Mohr, Matt Johnson and me building the bar, although I came in late and don't remember helping much so I think it's a posed shot. That thing was an architectural marvel, built with the heaviest materials that could be found and about twice as tall as it should've been. It was a real job at the end of the year when we had to break it down. (Power tools and beer? Sure, what could go wrong?)

- That's Matt Hemphill on Jason's shoulders from our junior year I'd guess. I assume Jason wouldn't have allowed anyone on his shoulders without some 'coaxing' by that Absolut bottle.

- That's Clint Berryman, shirtless, wearing Matt Hemphill's old Angels helmet and playing with the Hulk Hogan figurine. If I remember correctly, that was approximately summer '01 - one of our first Adel Sweetcorn Festivals as a crew. We had some fun that night.

- That's the whole Theme House 5 gang (Matt H, Hank, Matt J, me, Brandon Newell, Jason and Clint) posing together prior to the unofficial kickoff to our senior year - the annual 'stand around' in front of BSC. Yes, that's my, um, 'their' homemade beer bong. And yes, I'm wearing a baby blue leisure suit although I had shed the jacket at this point of the evening. Not to brag, but I definitely won the dance contest that night ... I've been told.

No comments: