Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Go Broncos!!!






It's been a couple of days since I updated the blog, and I've heard about it from a few of you. (Some were a little bit louder than others.) Sorry it took so long.

It took some time, as you can see by the look on his face in a few of these shots, but Jasper eventually came around. He's now a die-hard fan of the two-time Super Bowl champion Denver Broncos. 

Our voices might still sound to Jasper like Charlie Brown's teacher (wawa-wa wawa wawa wa wawawa), but by the time the 2008 football season starts Jasper will be 6 months old or so, at the right age where he should sit next to me and listen to my stories about the greatest quarterback of all time, John Elway. I'll tell him about The Drive. I'll tell him how special it is to wear the No. 7 on a football jersey. And I'll tell him that it's wrong to hit, that is unless, in the conversation about great NFL QBs, someone actually brings up Dan Marino or Brett Fav-re. Then it's OK to hit.

After we got a couple of different Broncos outfits (Thanks Wilsons! Thanks Kristin!), I had to pose him in the gear. So, instead of some old, boring photo of Jasper just sitting there, I had him sit there surrounded by Elway collectibles, including jerseys from Elway's high school, college and professional career, found at various times on eBay.

At this point in my life I think I own something like 15 Elway jerseys, but who's counting. (Note: the one I'm wearing is my favorite; it's the one with the Super Bowl logo on it which, after suffering through some epic defeats, the Broncos won in 1998 ad 1999. Can't believe it's been 10 years since I was doused with silly string at John and Roni's after Denver won their first title!)

The best part about all this stuff? It'll all be Jasper's one day. And he'll have to find room for it.

Let's just hope he doesn't fall into the wrong crowd and become a Chiefs fan ... or Raiders ... or Chargers ... or Bears ... or Packers ... or Vikings. With my guidance, I'm sure he'll stick with the good guys.

Anyway, thanks all for visiting. Keep it up and I'll keep posting. Adam

4 comments:

Erin and Jesse said...

Oh Dear! That poor little fella. You will have brainwashed him into loving the Broncos in no time. I swear to you that I have not given up my hunt for Bronco Baby Jerseys. I would however love to see a picture of him with his little Baby Bronco buddy. When he gets bigger you'll have to bring him to the home of the Broncs for a visit and maybe just maybe you'll bump into your old pal Elway. I have before while getting ice cream @ a Cold Stone late @ night. Anyhow... glad to see new pictures. I hate missing out on everything back home especially when it comes to babies. See you guys next month.

Wilson family said...

sounds great, erin. we'll get a picture of j up asap with his stuffed bronco buddy, only if you promise to get a photo with elway if and when you run into him again.

you might as well get his home address, his phone number and one of his super bowl rings, too, if that's not too much to ask. adam

Nate Westre said...

If you keep pushing this Bronco nonsense DHS will be knocking on your door and bringing Jasper to live with me in Jayhawk Country.

Erin and Jesse said...

I'll do my best to snap a picture of Elway next time I meet him. I guess that means bringing my camera with me everywhere I go from now on. I'm not so sure about the personal info and the rings, but I'll see what I can do. If you guys come visit sometime we can go out to eat at his restaurant where we will surely run into the big guy.