Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Maternity Leave with My Little Girl


I knew the time would come that my 8 weeks of blissful maternity leave would come to an end. And when I say blissful, I truly mean it. Avery is such a great baby. She only fusses when she's hungry or tired. We usually started our day out with taking a walk around the neighborhood - she would fall asleep and I would take in the awesome August weather. We even met the stay-at-home mom neighbor that we've never actually met before, even though we've lived here for 6 years! We would then have some lunch, do some stuff around the house, and end the afternoon with hanging out in the hammock under the shade tree...which usually led to a little cat nap. I would also like to turn on the radio and dance with her as we listened to Oldies 93.3. Our afternoon ended as we ventured out to pick up our favorite brother and hang out until Daddy got home.

I was a little nervous not knowing what to expect having a second child. They say you love both kids equally and it's so true. I had so much love for Avery when I first saw her, just as much as I had for Jasper when he was born. I really hope we can teach them to grow up loving one another and caring for each other. I'm sure there will be many times they'll fight and do what brothers and sister's do, but they'll always know they have each other's back :)

I feel so blessed to have Avery in our lives. I feel so lucky to have a little girl. I want her to grow up and be passionate about life and the career she chooses for herself, to appreciate family, help others less fortunate, be thankful for all that God has given her, and to not be afraid to choose her own path. I look forward to having girl talks and celebrating the good times with her and being a support system for when times aren't so good. I love Avery so much and I couldn't ask for a better little girl to share these past 8 weeks with. Love, Mommy

No comments: